Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Monday, March 5, 2018

My tender mercy today

On Sunday someone got up and talked about Tender Mercies.  They talk about watching for them and recording them in a journal as a way to see God's love in your life.  I decided to try it.  Today my tender mercy came in two forms.  

First Chloe went to a ward member's house to use her oven.  Our house is a construction zone.  Anyway while there she noticed a book on the Kansas City Temple.  Chloe and Brittin were involved in the dedication for that temple so there was a curiosity for Chloe.  She opened it recognizing several people in the pictures then as she looked further she saw a picture of Brittin.  So small and a simple little picture but it was definitely her.  Chloe was so excited.  It made her day and that made mine.



Second, I have been researching narcissism.  I feel the Lord wants me to understand it better so I will understand the reason my mom isn't trying to change things.  I have a book that is explaining a lot.  Not just about my mom but helping me see it in others in my family.  Anyway in reading today I decided to look up narcissism on the church website and was surprised to find several articles.  I found one that mentioned Mothers and Fathers.  So I decided to read it.  Right in the middle I found a piece that really helped me to see the Lord's reasons.  It was my own sweet tender mercy.  All wrapped up in a box just for me.  


Yes, the cost of joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can be very high, but the admonition to prefer Christ above all others, even our closest family members, applies also to those who may have been born in the covenant. Many of us became members of the Church without opposition, perhaps as children. The challenge we may confront is remaining loyal to the Savior and His Church in the face of parents, in-laws, brothers or sisters, or even our children whose conduct, beliefs, or choices make it impossible to support both Him and them.
It is not a question of love. We can and must love one another as Jesus loves us. As He said, “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another” (John 13:35). So although familial love continues, relationships may be interrupted and, according to the circumstances, even support or tolerance at times may be suspended for the sake of our higher love (see Matthew 10:37).
In reality, the best way to help those we love—the best way to love them—is to continue to put the Savior first. If we cast ourselves adrift from the Lord out of sympathy for loved ones who are suffering or distressed, then we lose the means by which we might have helped them. If, however, we remain firmly rooted in faith in Christ, we are in a position both to receive and to offer divine help.
When the moment comes that a beloved family member wants desperately to turn to the only true and lasting source of help, he or she will know whom to trust as a guide and a companion. In the meantime, with the gift of the Holy Spirit to guide, we can perform a steady ministry to lessen the pain of poor choices and bind up the wounds insofar as we are permitted. Otherwise, we serve neither those we love nor ourselves.
This was so helpful and brought peace to my heart.  I know God loves me and is sending little tender mercies for me so I know I am going down the right path.  I am so grateful for this gospel.  I am so grateful.....I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment