Dominick started potty training this week. We got him some lightning McQueen "Big Boy Pants." Shawn insisted we call them that. It was hard to change over from the girly word panties. We did the big talk about making sure we keep McQueen dry. He was so proud. He figured it out really fast. He did great "making the water come out." Small mountain to get over. Then we tried the very scary poop in the potty. Dominick was so scared to do that. He held it for 3 days. I am amazed that he made it that long. We decided it would take a little more help than the skittles he was getting for peeing in the potty. We offered to take him to Walmart to get any car of his choosing. Even that wasn't enough. There were a lot of battles, "duels to the death" as I called them, but finally with a little help he did it and earned his car. I took him to Walmart right away. We took back the big box of unopened diapers to pay for the car. When we got there we were greeted by the lady at the front with the stickers. He told her immediately, "I don't need diapers, I wear Big Boy Pants." She gave him a sticker for his accomplishment. Then he proceeded to tell every child, adult, Walmart worker he saw that he wears Big Boy Pants. He was so proud. He led us back to the toy section and picked out his car. A Lightning McQueen. Surprise Surprise! He did it. He is no longer a baby. He has enter the big kid realm and loves it. Congrats to you Dominick. You really are my Big Boy!
7 years ago



Ah, I remember those days, although it was always the #1 that was the issue, not #2
ReplyDelete