Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bear Lake



We go to Bear Lake every year. The kids love it because there is so much to do. They love painting rocks and playing in the water, and all of the card games and movies as a family. This is the one time when all of my sisters and my brother make an effort to get together. We all are spread out. I live in Missouri, and Patrice lives in Florida. With work and school and distance it is hard to all be together, but Bear Lake is different. We all come home for Bear Lake. We goof around and love hanging out together remembering our childhood and informing my mom about things she never knew that we did. Bear Lake is so relaxing. We have a cabin and the kids can run around outside all day (safely) without anyone worrying about them. I love it there. I have been taking pictures all week and I figured I needed to get started on getting them up or I might not get them all on here.

Dominick is playing in the water. You sit on this and when you push the button it spins. The kids all fight over this toy and the adults love watching how dizzy they get.


A quick picture with Nana before heading down to the Lake.


All of my kids have been scared of the lake the first couple of times they go down. Dominick was no exception. He cried and sreamed when Shawn tried to take him in. So we went a different route. Shawn showed him the shells in the water and he slowly started heading in looking for shells. Before he knew it he was in up to his knees.


Shawn and Dominick looking for shells



What happens when you all stand on one side of the dock? hmmm....






It took Dominick a while but he finally came in the water.



Look Mom I can swim!



Michael brought up an old ice cream maker and each of the kids "got" a turn to turn the crank. They had so much fun.







Dominick got sick in the middle of our trip. He got a staph infection but at this point we didn't know though. He limped back to the garage and asked my sister Melanie "You play this with me?" So we all went outside to play croche.



Everybody loves Corey.



My cute nephew Easton pushing the cart around. Everyone had a great time.















1 comment:

  1. I love Bear Lake. What a great thing that it is something that draws your family together. Good for you. I hope all is well with your little boy. Sending lots of love and prayers your way.xxx

    ReplyDelete