Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Holland's Dog Bite

So it has been a long and emotional week. A week ago yesterday Holland and Dominick went out to play after dinner. I was cleaning up the kitchen when Dominick came in crying. I asked him what happened and all he could get to come out was just go see. So I ran outside to look and Holland was on the grass screaming. She was holding her leg. She screamed that a dog had bit her. I looked at it and the first thought that came to mind was it looked like when you bite into a piece of chicken. All meaty and gross and bloody. I grabbed her to bring her in when our neighbor came running up. It was his dog that bit her. His dog has bitten before and I was quite mad that this had happened again. I showed him the bite and ran in the house. I had no choice but to take her to the hospital. So I grabbed her and Brittin and we headed to the hospital. Holland was in a full panic and was screaming the whole way there. I felt so helpless. I knew it must have hurt and I felt horrible that there wasn't anything that could be done to make that different. When we got there they cleaned it out and examined it. They decided based on the way the lacerations were (all parallel to each other) that stitches were impossible. If they stitched one it would open the others wider. Holland was relieved to hear that stitches were out. She didn't want them anyway. Honestly if they had done them, they would have had to sedate her. She was so scared and panicked. After cleaning it out they sent us home with a prescription for antibiotics and instructions to see a doctor to follow up. I went to Walgreens due to how late in the evening it was. All the other pharmacies were closed. Super big mistake. They were closing soon also. We waited and then realized that the prescription was in pill form and the pills were huge. I asked them to call and get it changed. The guy in charge refused because they would be closing in 10 min. He told me I would have to take it somewhere else to be filled. So he sent me down the road 20 minutes. At this Walgreens there was a half hour wait before they could even start. So an hour and a half later we finally go home. It was such an emotional day I think I am still trying to come down from it. We have since found out that the dog owners have decided they are keeping the dog. This really upsets me because this is the second time he has bitten like this. In my opinion it will happen again and might be worse. I am hoping and praying it wont but the whole neighborhood is upset. I don't know the outcome yet. Shawn should be talking to Sam (the dog owner) on Sunday. I guess I will have to write that next week. In the mean time Holland is doing much better and can finally swim. So that is what we are doing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment