7 years ago
Sunday, October 5, 2014
Umm Surprise!
So the last time I wrote I felt like the Lord was telling me to get spiritually centered. I worked really hard to do this. I made a goal to go to the temple every week. For the most part I made it. I kept weighing in and nothing. I was kind of frustrated. I chose not to let myself be. I hid the scale and continued to go walking and go to the temple. I actually am quite proud of the amount of time I spent in the temple. Unfortunately I haven't been back for a few weeks. I know I know I need to work on that. Anyway so on with my story. I started wondering why nothing was happening but trusted in what the Lord had told me. He has always helped me when he has made promises in the past. Why would this be different? It wasn't.... Well it was different than what I thought. No he wasn't going to help me to lose weight because being spiritually centered was to get me to a place where I could accept having another baby. Yep! Surprise! Here we go! Baby number 6.
So here is how it went down. I had been feeling really tired. More than I should have been and I had noticed that my period should have started sometime around....NOW. So I decided that it was one of two things. Baby or menopause. So the only way to find out for sure is to take a test. So while Shawn and I were at Walmart I grabbed a test and went into the restroom. For the most part I honestly didn't think it would be positive. I was a little shocked when I saw the results. I read the instructions a couple of times to make sure that I was reading the test right. I was. Hmmmm. At this point I have to tell Shawn.... Now this part is important.
See I haven't told you yet about my little revelation that I was trying to block out. As I got spiritually centered I started feeling like I needed to have another baby. I just kept pushing it to the back of my mind trying not to think about it. Did I love babies? Yes. Did I still want to have more? Yes/no. See Chloe is 18 and a senior. By the time the baby is born she will be 19. Old enough to be this babies mom. Kind of hard to swallow for me. As it is though I still felt like we might be missing someone. So in passing I decided to put it in my prayers. Went something like this...." Umm Heavenly Father. I feel like we need to have another baby. I know Shawn will not be ok with this. So if you need this to happen you will have to make it happen. K?" Prayer ended and I moved on forgetting about it. Well now back to the story. I am sitting in the car on the way home and he noticed that something was bugging me. So I thought here it goes. I explained the story and just through the baby in at the end. Needless to say he was shocked! But coming down from that we are both super excited. My kids are really excited. I think Holland is more excited than anyone else.
Yes we get lots of comments. Lame ones. At first they hurt but now they can think what they want. God wants us to have this baby. He is the one who decided he trusted us enough to have another one of his sweet spirits. Yes it will be a challenge but I know He is with me. I know He wants this and that gives me strength. So we are looking forward to our next little one in May. I have an ultrasound on Thursday to check on the baby and make sure everything is ok. So far so good.
So there it is....my little surprise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment