Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Thursday, July 20, 2017

War and Blessings

So a lot has happened over the last few weeks.  We took our half week up to Bear Lake.  I had Brittin send a text to Kailey to ask them to leave everything on.  Melissa fired back a few texts telling Brittin she wouldn't answer the questions unless I asked her directly.  She finally sent a notice later that said they had already left and they shut everything off.  I took that to mean that she waited for me to contact her and when I didn't she shut it off out of spite.  I ignored it and headed up there.  When we got there I couldn't get the water heater to turn on.  I called my Dad who was absolutely no help and fought with me on the phone.  I  thought Melissa had done something to sabotage me.  I jumped to conclusions.  I reacted.  Something I am working on.  Anyway when I couldn't get help from my Dad I tried Michael and he already knew what was going on.  Apparently there was a family text about me sent around.  So finally I call my Uncle Wayne.  He told me it was most likely on and that I shouldn't worry about it and to call him if things changed.  So I did that.  We had a great day the next day playing outside.  The water was so close it was amazing and so fun.  The kids stayed in the water all day.  I loved sitting on the lawn chairs and watching them play.  I took Allison's family up with me and Annicka Chamberlain for Holland.  Brittin brought Amanda and Chloe brought Austin.  They all really enjoyed the time.  Even Lucy was more active and playful than I had ever seen her.  It was amazing.  She loved it there.

On Friday the hot water was gone.  I called Wayne because not only was the cabin cold but the Garage as well.  So I asked if it could be the propane.  After several different things tried we finally got the garage water heater up and running but the cabin still didn't work.  We tried turning it off for several hours and then on again and still nothing.  The cabin water heater was broken.  I was mad because I thought at first this was Melissa.  I know now that this was a mistake and I had jumped to conclusions.  I had also sent some text messages to my Dad expressing my irritation with Melissa.  I admit I wasn't nice. I was kind of a snot.  I was mad.

They called a guy to come fix the water heater but he said that the part would be difficult to get out there and would most likely need to be brought from Salt Lake. He said due to the way we shut things off and on each time we leave it just wore out and needed a new starter.  So we dealt with only the garage shower and enjoyed our last day.  I sent an apology to my Dad for being so rude and told him why I jumped to conclusions.  He completely ignored what I had to say, basically told me what I see as a problem is fictitious and that this entire thing was my fault.  I didn't have the maturity to contact my sister the way that I should have.  If I had done that none of this would have happened.  Then my Mom sent all of the text messages to Shawn and told him no matter what I said that it was my fault.  That hurt more than anything else my Mom has ever done.  She was trying to turn Shawn against me. He is the one person I have and she was trying to recruit him.  She did send an apology yesterday with a little dig in there to finish it off.  I do forgive her but that doesn't take the hurt away.  I am in awe that my mother would do this.

As I sat trying to figure out how to respond I turned to my scriptures.  In 2 Nephi Chapter 7 it talked about King Ahaz.  He was the king of Judea and at the time 2 other kings were soliciting him to be their ally against Assyria.  He refused but had been told by the Lord to do nothing at all.  He decided to go and side with Assyria hoping that would make it so they wouldn't attack him.  He was wrong and he was destroyed.  My answer was to do nothing.  So my reply to my mom was thank you.  That is it.  Nothing else.  So that's what I did.  An hour later I got a call and Dominick got into a charter school.  I feel like that was a little "you did the right thing"  from the Lord.  I was on cloud nine yesterday.  I love that the Lord has told me each step in this.  I am truly grateful for the guidance.  I have a good life, a great family, and wonderful friends.  I am so blessed




No comments:

Post a Comment