Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Katie

I found out yesterday that Katie's husband left her.  I don't know the circumstances surrounding why he left but he did.  My feelings when I found out were shocked at first but then sadness for both of them.  I don't know what happened at all but my thoughts have been with Katie more than anything or anyone else over the last 24 hours.  She is living one of my fears.  Over the last couple of years that I have been dealing with Lupus my biggest worry has been that Shawn would get sick of having to take care of me and leave.  I cried about it several times.  Knowing that Katie is actually dealing with this my heart and thoughts and concern are with her now.  I knelt down almost immediately and prayed for her.  I prayed that she will have comfort and strength to press forward but I also prayed that the Lord would soften her heart and help this to be what takes her back to church.  I don't know that this will do it but I have seen the Lord do many amazing things. I am so grateful to have the Gospel in my life.  It is my beacon.  It is where I gain all of my strength.  I couldn't navigate this life without it.  I am truly grateful I have it and I hope that some how Katie will find her way back.  She needs it.  She needs a support system of uplifting people.  People that will help her find her way back to her feet but with positive uplifting thoughts and actions.  I also hope that Ben is going to stay in his kids lives.  I hope that he will be the Dad they need.  I truly hope and pray that some how good will come from this.  I love my sister even if I can't be with her during this time and help to hold her up I love her.  Right now all I can do is pray.  So that is what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment