This is a picture Holland loves. Chloe found a 3D version and got it for her. She also thought deeply about what to write. A song came to mind. Broken Things by Kenneth Cope
BROKEN
(Words by Kenneth Cope; Music by Kenneth & Eliza Cope)
—inspired by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Broken clouds give rain
Broken soil grows grain
Broken bread feeds man for one more day
Broken storms yield light
The break of day heals night
Broken pride turns blindness into sight
Broken souls that need His mending
Broken hearts for offering
Could it be that God loves broken things
Broken chains set free
Broken swords bring peace
Broken walls make friends of you and me
To break the ranks of sin
To break the news of Him
To put on Christ till His name feels broken in
Broken souls that need His mending
Broken hearts for offering
I believe that God loves broken things
And yet, our broken faith,
our broken promises
Sent love to the cross
And still,that broken flesh,
that broken heart of His
Offers us such grace and mercy
Covers us with love undeserving
This broken soul that cries for mending
This broken heart for offering
I’m convinced that God loves broken me
Praise His name—my God loves broken things
So, broken cloud—Give rain
And broken soil—Grow grain
And broken bread—Feed man for one more day
Chloe wrote the lyrics in the card she gave Holland. Tonight Holland brought Kira Falkner home to talk. Kira's Dad passed away a couple of years ago. Now her mother has found someone new and is very happy but the kids are really struggling with it. The contention is high in their home. Holland listened and has so much passion and desire to help. She thinks she needs to go defend Kira but I told her to talk to Kira about doing service and showing love to her Mother. Apparently Chloe put similar things in her card but more directed at Holland. As I was praying I also felt that the Lord put Kira in Holland's path because Holland well really all of us pray to find those we can help. Holland can help Kira if she listens to the spirit. She keeps saying she can't feel the spirit that she doesn't get answers but I saw tonight that she is very wrong. She isn't listening and I think Kira is the link to help Holland to hear the spirit. In a way I really think the were put in each others path so they can help each other. I love this Gospel and I love seeing the spirit work through my children. This is one big proud Mom moment for me. I am so blessed to have these amazing children of mine. Thank you Lord for making me their Mom. I learn so much from them. I love my life.



No comments:
Post a Comment