Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our First Thanksgiving!

This was our first Thanksgiving of our own. I have always gone home to Utah for Thanksgiving. This year we decided to do Christmas and Thanksgiving here in Missouri. We want to start some of our own traditions. Usually we meet up as a big family at my Mom's and have a big dinner. In years past we would go to my Grandma Love's house and eat and then decorate her tree. I have so many fun memories of things we would do with family as a kid. A lot of those traditions are not ones we do anymore. My family (cousins, Aunts, and Uncles and even my brother and sisters) have gotten so big and my Grandparents are older now and just can host a party of that size. I miss those traditions so this year we had a big Thanksgiving dinner. I made a turkey with all of the trimmings complete with home made rolls. Yes I have become quite the chef since we moved out here and it is up to me to provide all of the fun meals for the holidays. We invited my Grandma Weedn over to join us. It was so fun to have a holiday here. So quiet and small. Just us. I thought it would be hard to be away from family. In some ways it has been. I miss them so much but I am enjoying having my own holidays and starting my own traditions.

After dinner we decorated our Christmas tree and watched all of those fun old Christmas shows...Santa Clause is coming to town, Frosty the snow man and Rudolf the red nose reindeer. It was so much fun. I love the holidays!




Grandma Weedn helping with the tree


Holland had a great time decorating but was a little impatient when it came to getting the ornaments. She would grab as fast as she could and run to the tree to put the ornaments on. Most of which ended up on the same branch. It makes me laugh every year when we go back through the tree and move ornaments. Our poor tree doesn't have many year left from being overloaded on one side and falling down. ha ha.


Me and my Grandma Weedn. I love that I get to spend a little more time with her. She lives about an hour away and so I get to see her more than before. She used to live in Texas and I lived in Utah. My Mom would fly her out every once in a while or she would join us on our trips to Disney World but I get to see her anytime I want now! Its great!








We always try to take a family picture after the tree is done which as you can guess doesn't always turn out but I like the trial pictures anyway.






Success...well I tried to get Piper to join us but she really wasn't in the mood to be photographed. We took it without her. Ha Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment