Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Christmas Day"

As I have said before we had to have our Christmas a little late this year. I wondered if it would feel like Christmas even though it wasn't really. I wondered if the kids would enjoy Christmas as much. If they would be disappointed, if it would just feel "Christmasy" for the morning while opening gifts and then turn into a regular day by mid afternoon. Nope to all. We had the greatest Christmas. It felt like Christmas from the time we got up to the time we went to bed. It was a great family day together.

Dominick was the first one up. He slept in until 8 but was very excited to let us know that Santa had come. He took the liberty of checking to make sure. He volunteered to wake up the rest of the house so we could get the party moving.

We brought all the kids into the dining area and Dominick could barely contain his excitement. This is the first year he really understood what was going on. It was so fun to watch.

Santa was very successful this year.

Chloe got clothes this year. She was very happy with Santa's choices. She also received nail polish and accessories to go with it. She love to paint her toe nails but always complained the polish wouldn't stay. So we got her the "good stuff".



Brittin just wanted clothes and jewelry this year. I think she is quite happy with her lot! I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked but she got some cute sweaters and earrings.



Holland wanted an American Girl doll. I really struggle with this because that peticular kind of doll is so expensive. So Santa found one that was right within our price range. Holland loves it! She sleeps with it every night. She also got some food for her kitchen set and dishes. She is complete to take care of her babies.




Dominick has talked non stop about wanting trains for Christmas. He knew he was getting them and after opening the first present he wanted to quit and go set up his train. We had to keep telling him to be patient. He got all trains for Christmas. Tons of tracks and 2 "demote" control trains. I have never seen a happier kid. His trains actually attracted all of the kids and they spent the day playing with him.







We ended the day with a Turkey dinner with home made rolls and potatoes. It was the most fun and relaxing Christmas we have ever had. I love my family and I really enjoy when we all get to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment