Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Brittin's Birthday





We had a great time celebrating Brittin's Birthday this year. Brittin turned 12. In our family this is a big deal. This year Brittin had a home party. It kind of got spread over a week. We took her out to dinner. She got to choose where she wanted to go. She chose to go to Golden Coral. She had a great time getting to choose what she wanted and getting to go back for 2nds and 3rds if she wanted. She had a great time.

Next up was her party. We had a family party complete with her favorite dinner...Meatloaf with homemade mac and cheese. yummy! Then we opened presents. The rule in our house is you can't wear makeup until you are 12 so this year she opened lots of makeup. She was in heaven. I helped her put a little on



Coke lip gloss from Chloe


Holland soaking up every present and asking after every one "When can I wear makeup?"


Dominick very bored!


Chloe is just like Shawn. She couldn't wait to give her gift to Brittin. she was begging to do presents before dinner.


Shawn gets very emotional about our girls growing up.


After the presents the girls had a bet with Shawn. They had a song called Cinderella that was all about a little girl growing up and her Dad dancing with her at her wedding. They bet Shawn that he would cry during this song. Shawn took that bet thinking he would hold it back until the song was over. He failed miserably.


What he looked like after the song was over. I have never seen him cry so hard because of a song. I love this about him. He loves his kids so much. He will be a mess at their weddings.


We watched a movie and had cake next. we had such a great night together!


Saturday I took Brittin out to spend the money she received from all of her Grandma's. She bought clothes and earrings. She was so excited to go and spend her money on what she wanted. Shawn was able to come into town for the day and joined us for lunch. Brittin chose Chipotle. Her favorite and ours. I love to spend to spend time with my kids. I look forward to the Birthday shopping and lunch though because it has that added fun of watching them completely in their own world as they shop. It is a joy to see their faces as they pay for their things. Brittin is growing up so fast. I really can't keep up with her. I was so sad the day she said she didn't want any toys. This is a new stage in life and I am enjoying watching her transition from little girl to young lady. My sweet little Brit is growing up. I wouldn't miss it for the world. I am so grateful to be a Mother. It has to be the greatest thing to be.

1 comment:

  1. I love the make up. Brittin is growing up so fast, and when did her hair turn dark? Wow!

    ReplyDelete