On May 25th 2012 I had my little caboose Dallin. He was born at 1:22pm. He was 9 pounds 3 ounces and 20.5 inches long. This pregnancy was the most difficult of all of them. At about 32 weeks I started to go into preterm labor and had to have weekly visits to my Doctor which turned into weekly visits to the hospital. I dilated a whole centimeter each week and I was finally put on bed rest for 3 weeks. During that time my Grandma Weedn passed away and all of my family came out to go to the funeral. They all stayed here at my house. It was nice to have my family here so I wasn't alone.
On May 25th I went to the hospital to be induced. I was there at 6 am. At 8:30 am they gave me the epidural. That was the biggest blessing. I had been in pain my whole pregnancy and finally all of it was gone because of the blessed epidural. I was so relaxed that I fell asleep. My Doctor had a Kindergarten graduation to go to so after the epidural was given she left hoping I wouldn't have the baby without her. I relaxed the whole time she was gone. We opted not to break my water because I go really fast once that is broken. This way we hoped to keep me from having my baby too quickly. I wanted her to deliver me and she knew that.
On May 25th I went to the hospital to be induced. I was there at 6 am. At 8:30 am they gave me the epidural. That was the biggest blessing. I had been in pain my whole pregnancy and finally all of it was gone because of the blessed epidural. I was so relaxed that I fell asleep. My Doctor had a Kindergarten graduation to go to so after the epidural was given she left hoping I wouldn't have the baby without her. I relaxed the whole time she was gone. We opted not to break my water because I go really fast once that is broken. This way we hoped to keep me from having my baby too quickly. I wanted her to deliver me and she knew that.
She returned about 12:30 and broke my water at 12:45 pm. Shortly after that Dallin was born. He came out so easy and quick and I really had minimal pain after the epidural wore off. I was amazed at how easy my recovery was. A great ending to an awful year! He is such a good baby. I am so grateful to have him. We have waited so long to have this little one and add him to the family. He is such a blessing. I love him more everyday.
It took us the entire pregnancy to decide on Dallin's name. I told Shawn that the only thing I wanted was to have my Grandfather's name in the middle. On the day Dallin was born Shawn decided that he looked like a Dallin. I thought a lot about what to put in the middle and decided I wanted my Dad's name in there too. I wanted both to be apart of my son's name. I look up to both men and I love them both dearly. So I settled on Richard so I could have both my Dad's name and my Grandfather's names be part of my son's name. My Dad's name is Richard Steven and my Grandpa's name is Richard Sperry. I love Dallin's name and I feel so strongly that it is the name he was meant to have. Now he can look up to and remember two amazing men. I look forward to going out to Utah next week so they can meet him and take part in blessing and giving him his name. Dallin Richard Morrison.
It took us the entire pregnancy to decide on Dallin's name. I told Shawn that the only thing I wanted was to have my Grandfather's name in the middle. On the day Dallin was born Shawn decided that he looked like a Dallin. I thought a lot about what to put in the middle and decided I wanted my Dad's name in there too. I wanted both to be apart of my son's name. I look up to both men and I love them both dearly. So I settled on Richard so I could have both my Dad's name and my Grandfather's names be part of my son's name. My Dad's name is Richard Steven and my Grandpa's name is Richard Sperry. I love Dallin's name and I feel so strongly that it is the name he was meant to have. Now he can look up to and remember two amazing men. I look forward to going out to Utah next week so they can meet him and take part in blessing and giving him his name. Dallin Richard Morrison.



Even though I am done having babies, and I AM at peace with that,I still feel a pang of desire when I see photos of newborn babies. Enjoy him.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE his name. I had a hard time deciding between the names Joshua and Dallin for my #4. I chose Joshua, and even though my #5 was a boy--Dallin didn't seem to fit. Still LOVE the name though.
Im so happy that Dallin is Here! Congratulations again and again :) I love how the kids all have "adoring" little looks on their faces while holding him :)
ReplyDeleteWhat darling pictures of Dalling and the rest of the family enjoying their new baby!!
ReplyDelete