The first day of school! Summer is always fun but this year my kids got so bored at the end of the summer and really needed to go back. I love having them home but I was struggling to find things to keep them entertained. I looked forward to the structure and schedule again. I also was dreading school because Dominick started Kindergarten this year. I was looking forward to all that he will learn with excitement but letting him go to grow up was a bitter sweet thing for me.
I always buy my kids a new shirt to wear on the first day of school. They get to pick it out. We went shopping the weekend before school. They were all very excited . Dominick and Holland had their outfits all laid out complete with "mish match socks." I decided not to fight the fight this year. My kids don't match and they like it that way. Apparently that is the style! I will never understand it. I am sure my mom said that when I had to double my socks and t-shirts. lol
Chloe started High School this year. She kept saying she wasn't looking forward to starting. Part of that I think was nerves. She was nervous to start but I do think she was looking forward with excitement. A new school with new experiences. This begins the last 3 years for her. I look forward to the great things coming for her with the same bitter sweetness as I did with Dominick and Kindergarten. My baby girl is growing up. Too fast!
Brittin started Junior High this year. My big 8th grader! She has grown so much over the last year! I can't believe how tall she has gotten. She has always been our runt! She was excited for school to start but didn't talk about it much. She has so much to look forward to. This will be a great experience for her. She has grown up so much and I am so excited to see all that she will accomplish this year.
Holland started 2nd grade this year. She was really nervous. She got Mrs. Brewer this year and was told she is a really mean teacher. We told her what we have told all the kids. Find out what the teacher wants and give it to her. If you do that you will always be successful. We also told her not to judge her until she met her and found out for herself. She has since started school and loves her teacher! She does all she can to please her. That's my girl!
Dominick couldn't wait to start school. He counted down the days. Finally the first day came and he was dressed and ready and counting down the minutes. Shawn took the day off so we could take them to school. He was so excited and listened to all the instruction Holland was giving him. He didn't even care that she was telling him what to do. It was so cute. Holland grabbed his hand and they walked hand in hand to his class. She takes him every morning and drops him off. She loves him so much. Dominick got to pick a new backpack too. He picked lego Star Wars. Not a surprise since he is abscessed with that game. He had a great day. I was a mess and cried when I dropped him off and counted the minutes to when I got to go get him. I miss him so much.
Look at how tall Brittin has gotten!! Wow!!
Holland and Dominick. So big!!
Holland has said in the past our pictures are boring. She likes to have one picture where we get to just be funny. So now we do it every time we take pictures. I love that girl! Always reminding us to laugh!
Walking hand in hand to class. I love it!



No comments:
Post a Comment