Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dallin's Blessing Day

Finally! We have been trying to bless Dallin all summer. I wanted a few things to happen for his blessing. First. I use the same outfit for my kids when they are blessed. I know it sounds silly but I wanted my girls wearing the same dress and I wanted my boys to wear the same suit. I buy them their own shoes but I plan to have the outfits mounted and framed so I can hang them. Dallin was 9 pounds when he was born. The outfit I had for Dominick was quickly shrinking. I didn't think it would fit for long so I was battling when to do the blessing. I wanted to do it in Utah so that my Dad and Grandpa could be apart of it since he is a namesake to both of them. I decided I would take the chance and wait to bless him there. I got all ready to go and then Shawn came home from his trip early that week with a hurt back. Well that did it. We couldn't bless him that week. So I decided to wait for the next Sunday thinking that would give Shawn enough time to heal. He didn't get better. So I didn't get to bless him in Utah. I had to come home. However I did get a picture with my Grandpa. That was the most important to me. I love my Grandpa so much and really wanted to have a picture of him with my baby. After I came home we decided to bless him the following Sunday. Shawn was better and even went back to work. He almost didn't make it back in time due to delays. I was starting to wonder if we would ever bless him. I wasn't able to go shopping for shoes for Dallin in Utah so I went looking here in Missouri. I wasn't able to find any shoes for a blessing...so I had to get something that would work. I found some cute little sneakers. They weren't what I was looking for but they looked so cute on him that I couldn't resist using them. So as Shawn said "I'm all dressed up with my sneakers on." I love his little shoes and since he is a tank it implies he will love sports when he gets older. Love that baby!













2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the shoes! Such a fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes baby blessings are far more trouble than they're worth. But I guess, most good things in life are. Enjoy your baby.

    ReplyDelete