Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Holland's Christmas Program

Holland had the cutest little program tonight.  She decided a few months ago that she didn't just want to sing in this program so she went and got a script and decided to try out for the part of Ellen.  She did this all on her own.  She memorized the part that she needed to try out with on her own and went and tried out for the play before any of us knew what she was doing. 

She got the part.  She was so excited to come home and tell us but not before she had the chance to play a little joke.  She got in the car the day the were told who made it all sad.  She said "I didn't make it."  So I did what any good Mother would do....I tried to down play it big time.  I didn't want her to be disappointed.  Dominick was in on the joke.  He said  "Do you know what part she did get?  None of them!"  I again started to try to make her feel better..."You know Holland you were very brave to try out!"  She suddenly yelled "I GOT THE PART!!!!"  I was a little stunned to say the least, but very happy for her.

She worked so hard to memorize her lines and learn her little solo that she got to sing.  She did all of this on her own.  I am so proud of her.  She amazes me all the time with her talents and abilities.  She is truly an amazing little girl. 

We went to her play tonight.  She was having a blast performing.  She was so excited that she would dance around on the sides while waiting for her turn to go on again.  Then it came time for her to sing.  She did so great.  I was so impressed that she had the courage to do a solo on her own in front of all the parents and they did it for all the kids at school earlier that day.  She did a great job too.  Her music teacher told us to expect to have her sing in the future because she has talent and shows a lot of promise.  She plans to use her a lot.  That is my girl.  I am so blessed to be her Mom.  I love you Holland.




No comments:

Post a Comment