7 years ago
Monday, May 1, 2017
Holland
Today Holland had a performance. She sang Soak Up The Sun. She is so fun to watch because she performs. She loves to sing and she has a talent. I love watching her. My mom came. Working up to seeing her I had all kinds of anxiety. My shoulders were stiff, my stomach was upset, and I felt like crying all day. When she came I had all the kids sit next to me so she couldn't. I could tell she was a bit offended, but she sat where she was supposed to. The performance started and there were a lot of performers today. They had some of the performers from the Draper studio too. My Dad of course looked at the list and complained about how long it was going to be. That is how he looks at everything. He would much rather be at home.
After the performance my Mom walked up to Holland and asked her how she learns her songs. She said the just get the music and learn it from listening to it. My mom told her she was off key and that she needed to get the sheet music and practice it with the piano. Holland looked like she was going to cry. I kept trying to cut in and change the subject and she kept changing it back. I was so mad! Why does she have to take all the fun away from her. This information isn't important right now. Holland just got done performing. She was on a high and in 30 seconds my mom took it from her. I don't think she realizes she does this but she does it a lot. She looks for things that are wrong and tells you immediately. It is so frustrating. I finally got Holland away from her and told her how awesome she is. She did so great. She got up on a stage by herself and performed. She didn't just stand there she had fun and I loved watching her. Holland is at home on stage. She always will be and despite my mother's lack of encouragement she will continue to be on stage. Holland is amazing and I am really working on making sure she understands it. I love that girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment