One of my favorite memories as a child is the baseball game we used to have in my Grandparents back yard. We used to go up to my Grandparents and all of my Aunts and Uncles and cousins would go into the backyard and we had this plastic ball and bat. We would split into teams and set up the bases. First would be the steps to the deck, second and third and home were the sprinklers that just happened to be in just the right places. We would have so much fun playing! I loved going to Grandma's for that. I loved that everyone played. It was a great time and a memory I will never forget and one that brings a smile every time I think about it. I decided for Easter this year I wanted to recreate that memory and give it to my kids. We gave them a plastic ball and bat. After the first session of Conference we took the kids to the park and tried to play baseball. It was hard to get everyone focused due to we were at the park. My first mistake. The girls did come down and humor me though. I had a lot of fun though. I enjoyed watching my son try to hit the ball and then get so excited when he did. He would throw the bat and run. It was great and I hope to do it again soon...only this time we will go to the base ball field across the street instead of the park!
7 years ago



Hey-Thanks for the blog invite. Where has the time gone? Seems like just yesterday we were young and carefree college gals!?! Your family is darling.
ReplyDeleteI know! I love watching your blog. So cute!!
ReplyDelete