Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Birthday Month!!




This is my Birthday month. Yes I said month because I lay claim on the whole month. I don't just take the day I take the month. My kids know that When the month of October comes around that I get it. I use "Because it's my Birthday" for anything. I don't have to do chores, dishes, make dinner...what ever I can get out of I will, why? Because it's my Birthday and why not??? This year my sister called me up a couple of months ago and told me I should take a trip to see her. I thought about it for a while but I really didn't know if I wanted to give up the time with Shawn. He is a pilot and is gone 4 days and home 3. To go on a trip by myself I have to do it when he is home. So I not only miss out on time with him but I miss seeing him for about a week and a half by the time he gets back and I do. That is hard to choke down. My sister did some serious talking and managed to convince me. So I decided to fly out to Florida to see Patrice the week of my Birthday.

Patrice lives in Florida and works for Disney. She was able to get me into the parks and I stayed with her so the expense of the trip really was spending money and food. How is this a bad plan! It was so much fun. A trip for just me! I have never done this before. I went all by myself. I can't say that enough! All by myself! I don't do this ever! Going to Disney World without anyone but your sister is amazing! We walked and talked and people watched, rode rides, ate yummy food and had a great time! I have decided that I need to do this every year!

MGM Studios

I loved this guy. So funny. He just sings and plays and tells nerdy jokes.


Magic Kingdom and the Not so scarey Halloween Party

This is my favorite park! It makes me happy!



the Tiki Room. I didn't know this was here! Never been but so much fun!





Splash mountain. Don't you love it when people take pictures of themselves? Always the best ones!


My cute sister Patrice!




Lookin good in her 3D glasses!



The not so scary halloween party. Trick or Treating at Minnie's house. Did I mention I love this park!






The parade








I just thought this was cool. After the parade Disney sent out their crew to clean up. They brought their BIG vacuums with them. I had to get a picture and the girl running it was kind enough to pose for me.


This couple was just to cute to pass up. They dressed up together for the not so scary halloween party. I had to have a picture. What a sweet husband to dress up for her!



Gotta love the Haunted Mansion. They went all out with hair and makeup for the party. She kind of creeped me out!



The seven dwarfs. I haven't ever seen all of them together!


Epcot Center and the Food and Wine festival. Ate lots of food and skipped the wine. It was so fun!
Had to see Captain EO while I was at Epcot! So cheesy but I had a great time with a blast from the past.


I love to walk around the countries and see a little of the culture. Japan was fun. I went into a store after watching the drums and bought myself a pearl necklace. Because "it's my Birthday"



I did it! I tried escargot! I can't believe I actually talked myself into it but I did...and I liked it! It tastes like sauteed mushrooms. I liked it enough I would eat them again. Weird huh!


trying them....

And she likes them hey mikey!


I had the best time on my trip. Complete with the greatest Holiday Sandwich from Earl of Sandwich. It is worth flying down just for the sandwich. Anyway I plan to do this again as soon as I can. My kids will kill me but it was so much fun! Thanks Patrice I had a great time!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you got to do this- you so deserved the break. Maybe we should meet down there one time and visit our sisters. I have one there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A BIRTHDAY LIKE THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pretty fantastic trip!! Glad you were able to come down. I think I might have to go get a holiday sandwich mmmm. . .making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete