

My sister Melanie came to visit for 10 days. I really enjoyed having her here. We stayed up late every night and talked. I have missed doing that with my sisters. Growing up is a part of life and I love being a Mom and a wife but I miss being a sister. I miss late night talks, being silly, making up little games like the carpet jog. haha. Melanie will get that. I miss paling around and just being a girl. I got to do all of the fun sister things this week with her. I haven't that much fun in a long time. Like I said I love my life. I really do have the greatest life but I loved just being sisters for 10 days. I really feel like we had the time to get to know each other better. I know strange that sisters need to do that but I think they do. We have grown up and have different lives. We have both changed. I had so much fun really getting to know Melanie.
Melanie has a cute little boy Easton. He is 2. It was so fun having a 2 year old around again. I know it hasn't been that long since Dominick was 2 but 2 to 4 is my favorite age. They are so curious and they are talking and messing up their sentences. I love it. I loved having him here. Everyday he had a little routine that he would adhere to. He would get up and go from room to room and dump all of the buckets and containers out. Mostly they would just stay in piles some days though he would mess the toys around before moving on to the next room. It made me laugh everyday. We always knew what room he was in based off of the noise from each container. I actually miss having him around. He was so fun!!
We visited the Independence visitors center. Melanie and Shawn walked through and I took Easton to the play area. He loves horses and was in Heaven!!



Watching Toy Story. We did this a lot! Easton loves Toy Story. Really who doesn't?!

Where's Easton? Kind of like where's waldo?



I had such a great time with Melanie and Easton. I have to admit I cried when they left. It was so nice to have them here. I am so looking forward to Bear Lake this summer so we can play again. I love you Melanie!!



You can tell you guys are sisters, same pretty smile :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had such a good visit with your sister!
Bear Lake will be a blast when we can all be together again. Glad you and Mel had so much fun together....
ReplyDelete