124;40 And verily I say unto you , let this house be built into my name that I may reveal mine ordinances there in unto my people.
I also learned that if we want to receive the fullness of the priesthood of God, we have to receive the fullness of the ordinances of the temple and keep His commandments. In the manual it says you cannot receive the fullness of the priesthood unless you go into the Temple of the Lord and receive these ordinances of which the prophet speaks. No man can get the fullness of the priesthood outside the Temple of the Lord.
We need the temple. It is so important for us to go. I am beginning to understand more and more why God did things the way he did. The Kirtland temple had a purpose. Once that purpose was fulfilled the temple wasn't needed anymore. That's why the Lord didn't protect it after the saints left. Nauvoo was the same. It was built to finish giving the saints the ordinances. Once they had them that temple could be abandoned too. The Salt Lake Temple was to stay for good. It took 40 years to build. More time and effort because it was here to stay. I love reading the scriptures.
So after scriptures I finished up home school with Holland and Dominick and then went out to lunch with my friends. I love getting together with them. I wish we could have done more than lunch but I needed a break when we got home and my day wasn't over yet. Holland had voice lessons. She is an amazing little singer. I am so impressed with her improvement over the school year. She has really grown. She has a performance on Saturday again and I look forward to seeing it. She is also trying out for the One Voice Children's Choir next week. I am excited to see how she does. I love her so much. Her fun attitude, crazy temper, her love of the Gospel, her kindness, and love to everyone she meets. She will move mountains. I can't wait to see the young lady she becomes and what path she chooses to take. Love that girl.



No comments:
Post a Comment