Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Holland can read!!!

Yesterday Holland requested to do letters. She has a goal. "I want to read like Brittin does." I decided to try. She knows all her letters and all of the sounds. I pulled out one of our Bob books from Brittin's home schooling days and I sat down and worked on the first page with her. She would sound out the first part of the word and then look up at me and stick on some random ending and act like she had done it. I had to keep reminding her that she needed to look at the book the whole time! Finally she listened and she read the first page. She was so excited when she was done that she looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said "I am so happy I am just crying!" She was so cute. Holland was so proud of herself that it made her cry. It also made me and Shawn cry too. Such a little tender heart. This is something she has wanted for so long and now she is doing it. We took her out for a Daddy and Mommy date. She was very insistent that she be the only one to go. "I read the book so I should go. Dominick can go to Logan's, I think they have ice cream there." Made me laugh but we agreed and just took her. We have made a deal that if she finishes 4 more of the Bob books by the time Shawn gets home on Saturday (4 days from now) she can have another trip for ice cream. Holland didn't miss a beat..."How many ice creams do I get?" One. "How about 2?" How about 1. "How about 2." No one. "Ok" Our little negotiator.

1 comment:

  1. Holland I am so proud of you with your reading. Keep up the good work. Also, keep after Mom on those icecreams.
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete