Our Family A Little Older

Our Family A Little Older

Our Family

Our Family
Holland decided to do a funny face picture without telling the rest of the family. This is my favorite picture!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sweet Holland

When Chloe was about 4 Shawn's Grandma died. She was very close to her and so we thought it would be a good idea to take her to the funeral. We very quickly found out it was a mistake to do this. Chloe didn't understand why we were there. She didn't understand why her Grandma Lind was in the casket and definately didn't understand why we put Grandma Lind down that "deep dark hole." Chloe didn't cry at all. She really didnt get it. I am writing about this really to show a very real difference in Holland. Tonight I was tucking her into bed and she asked me..."Mom when you die does your blood all come out of you?" I thought this was a strange question but answered yes. The she burst into tears and said "But I dont want you to die!" I told her I wasn't going to die and she proceeded to tell me that I am getting older and when you get older soon you die. So thinking I was helping the situation I told her to think about how old Grandma Love is and do I look that old? I said if she is still around that really Holland didn't have anything to worry about. Well that set off a new problem. Now her focus was on Grandma Love and how she is going to die. I tried to reason with her and let her know that Grandma is still with us. We should enjoy her while she is still here. She started crying harder and said "But what if she dies and we will never see her again." Wow this child thinks so much. I told her not to worry. Grandma is healthy and happy and she will be there when we go and visit in the Summer. After that she said "Well what about Grandpa. He is really old and is going to die and I will miss him." I am amazed at how much goes through this child's brain. She really thinks through so much. I love her so much. I finally was able to calm her down but I have discovered that she has some very real emotions that run really deep. She is so different from the way Chloe was at her age. I love my little Holland and I am so grateful for all of the lessons I learn from our little comic relief!

1 comment: